This is where we share all about the news and wonder happening in TAMAN NEGARA NKS
Park Entry Permit and Photographic Licence
Before you do any trek in Taman Negara, you must inssue a Park Entry Permit (RM1 per person) and Photographic Licence (RM5 per camera). This is valid for 1 month. You can inssue the Park Entry Permit at Wildlife Department Office at Kuala Tembeling or Taman Negara.
Something You Should Know
Now the fishing lodge in the park is close and not allow to do any fishing in the park area.
But you can fishing at River Tembeling (A river at the border of the park) and you don't need any fishing license.
1) Before you go to Taman Negara, something must be prepare first.
- Touch light or flash light (can share)
- Insect Repellent (can share)
- Walking Shoe or Sport Shoe
- Rain coat (in case of rain)
(2) Taman Negara no ATM, bank, and money changer, you must prepare enough cash before you going. Some of the resort they accept credit card e.g Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, Rainforest Resort, and Woodland Resort but charge extra 3 - 5 %
(3) Do not bring too many luggage into Taman Negara, otherwise it's not convenience for you. e.g 1 backpack + 1 small bag is ok. Big trolley bag are not advice because when you come out from the boat, all the river site have many stone and rock, then you need to hand carry your big trolley bag. If you have many bag, you are welcome to store your luggage in our luggage storage room at Hotel Sri Emas, Jerantut, It's free.
(4) There are only Woodland Resort have internet service and open during 8am - 8pm. Charge MYR7.00 per hours, minimum use one hours.
(5) You can get more information about Taman Negara trail and your next destination information at tour counter located at LBK Floating Restaurant, they know very well.
(6) If you are book the bus ticket with us (NKS Hotel & Travel), you must reconfirm your bus ticket at out office located in LBK Floating Restaurant one day before you leave. For boat ticket just reconfirm 30min before the boat departs.
(7) Leeches on any rainforest walk, the subject of leeches invariably comes up. Actually, you may not encounter any of these slimy little vampires while walking through the Malaysian jungle, but if the trail is leafy and it's been raining, chances are you'll be preyed upon.
(8) Yes, you can hire boots or camping equipment in Taman Negara. Just ask the people around there, they will show you where to hire.
(9) For who like to trek to Gunung Tahan (Mountain Tahan), you can hire a guide from Wildlife Department . Normally November to January is close the trail and reopen on mid of February.
Address: No.21 - 22, Jalan Besar, Bandar Laman, 27000 Jerantut, Pahang
Tel: +6 09 2664488 / 4499 (24hrs)
Fax: +6 09 2664801